Stage Coach Theatre is a 501(c)(3) non-profit performing arts organization. We are a volunteer army and as such, we thrive on the dedication and enthusiasm of our community. There are many opportunities available to join our team.
If you are interested in being placed on our mailing list for future volunteer opportunities, please fill out this form:
Interested in directing a show in a future season? Please fill out this form.
Below are current openings within our organization. To apply for one of these roles, please fill out an application form.
We are seeking a dedicated and organized individual to serve as the Board Secretary for our nonprofit community theater. The Board Secretary will be responsible for maintaining accurate records of board meetings, preparing and distributing meeting agendas, and assisting with communication and documentation for the board of directors.
- Attend all board meetings and record accurate and comprehensive minutes of each meeting.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas in collaboration with the Board Chair and Executive Committee.
- Maintain and organize board documents and records, including bylaws, meeting minutes, and board member information.
- Assist with communication between the board, staff, and other stakeholders, ensuring timely and accurate dissemination of information.
- Work closely with the Board Chair and Executive Committee to schedule board meetings and notify board members of upcoming meetings.
- Assist in the orientation and onboarding of new board members, providing them with relevant materials and information.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements related to board meetings and documentation.
- Maintain confidentiality of all board discussions and materials.
- Provide administrative support to the board as needed, including preparing correspondence, filing documents, and organizing materials for meetings.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in record-keeping.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively with board members and staff.
- Previous experience as a board secretary or similar role is preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of nonprofit governance and regulations is a plus.
- Passion for the arts and commitment to supporting the mission of the nonprofit community theater.
- Attend and record minutes at monthly board meetings (approximately 1-2 hours per meeting).
- Additional time may be required for preparing agendas and other administrative tasks.
The Board Secretary is a volunteer position